Next open hours: Tuesday September 20th
Opt Out of Worry
There are times where many worries, woes, and changes can cause people to lose their peace. Life pressures can become stressors, which leads to fretting and worry. To fight this, we need to remind ourselves of what God has to say. Then we choose what to believe. For most of us, it is the choice between the lie that things are going to get worse and never change or believe that God is with us through all things and has a plan to get us through. We then let that truth steady us as we learn to put our full weight on the truth. Let’s look at a few of these truths.
1. God’s Care Over us. “The Lord watches over you … stands beside you … keeps you from all harm … watches over your life … keeps watch … as you come and go” (Psalm 121:5-8, NLT). This is good for praying over a family home every morning before the day begins.
2. God is With Us in the Battle. “Those who know your name trust in you, for you … have never forsaken those who seek you” (Psalm 9:10, NIV). This is good for moments when we feel people have abandoned us and we’re all alone in a life battle.
3. God’s Unconditional Love. “Our fears for today … worries about tomorrow … even the powers of hell … nothing in all creation will … separate us from the love of God” (Romans 8:38-30, NLT). God’s love is solid.
It goes deeper than a flip-flop love that only loves us if we’re a good child today, as if God’s love is conditional on our behavior. God loves us like a true unconditional love and parent feels for their child — even if that parent is also teaching them life lessons. God’s love is power.
4. Peace during the Night. “I will lie down in peace and sleep, for though I am alone … Lord, you will keep me safe” (Psalm 4:8, TLB). This is good for nights where a pressing issue keeps us up and/or we are suffering from insomnia.
5. God’s Partnership Plan. “In the world you have … distress and frustration; but … [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! … I have [deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you]” (John 16:33, AMPC). This is good for all frustrations and stress points.
Let us remember that we are a team partner with God. He is at work, doing His part to conquer the challenges for us. It helps to ask God two questions when we face challenges.
1. “What is God’s part?” This usually includes things that are beyond our capacity to influence, like changing a person.
2. “What is my part?” Then we wait to hear the answer. We read scriptures.
We listen. We notice any verses that jump off the page into our heart during our quiet times. We notice any phrases in worship songs on the radio that replay in our mind. And we notice anything said during a sermon that sticks. It could be part of the answer.
These verses are helpful to memorize and have at the ready when news items or life moments rise up. God has an answer for everything. We persevere in prayer with asking, seeking, and knocking. The door of hope will open, and we will walk through to the other side.
Hear my prayer, Lord, listen to my cry for help… (Psalm 39:12)
God Answers Prayer
One woman came with pain at a 5 and left with pain at a 2. She felt a real connection with the prayer partner. She felt she received specific action steps to take in her spiritual walk and has taken them. She feels bless and will continue in her prayer life every day. One lady said her visit gave her helpful insight and she left with hope in God’s ability and desire to heal her.
The prayer requests were for God to act on many issues, including insomnia, heart conditions, sexual addictions, eczema, caregiving challenges with family members, anxiety, a new place to live, finding a new car, teeth conditions, hearing loss, PTSD, memory loss, joint pain, marriages, and relationships with grown children.
Scheduling An Appointment
Together, Silicon Valley Healing Rooms Prayer Ministers are ready to take your prayer requests to God in prayer. They also seek God’s word for you in advance of the appointment.
Online sessions continue to occur the first and third Tuesday of every month. You are invited to schedule time to receive prayer on those days. We are now taking signups for prayer appointments for Tuesday September 20, 2022.
To sign up for an appointment, there are TWO STEPS:
1. Let us know your TOP THREE APPOINTMENT TIME PREFERENCES, in order of priority.
We will coordinate the teams, and send the zoom information on Monday September 19, 2022, for the appointment times on Tuesday September 20, 2022.
2. Share a phone number so we can TEXT you with scheduling changes.
In the event that we are not able to offer you the time frames you desire, you may share a phone number with us to text you if an opening should arise when someone needs to cancel an appointment. This happens from time to time, and we are able to text you to see if you are available to join an available prayer team. All information is confidential to the ministry and is not used for solicitation. This step is optional.
You are welcome to sign up for prayer appointments at the following times listed below:
|Morning Times:||11:10 to 11:40 am|
|11:55 to 12:25 pm|
|12:40 to 1:10 pm|
|Evening Times:||7:10 to 7:40 pm|
|7:55 to 8:25 pm|
|8:40 to 9:10 pm|
It is our greatest joy to join you in prayer and pray for whatever you want to bring before God.
We pray, believing, knowing, and confident that God answers prayer.
If you don’t need prayer right now, you are welcome to forward this to others you know that might want people to pray with them.
***We love to hear how God has answered prayer. Please share what God has done in your life as a result of prayer. You can reply to this email, or share it in your appointment, or write a comment on our web site.
The spiritual winds are blowing strength, life, and peace into us,
Stephanie Shoquist, Donna Maranon, Jim Clow
Directors, Silicon Valley Healing Rooms Team
Future Open Hours Online. For 2022: September 20, October 4 & 18, November 1 & 15
For more information about Silicon Valley Healing Rooms, visit www.SiliconValleyHealingRooms.com
You can contribute to Silicon Valley Healing Rooms for 2022 tax deductions online by visiting the website www.SiliconValleyHealingRooms.com.