Next open hours: Tuesday December 6th
Invitation to Receive Prayer from SVHR
Online sessions continue to occur every first and third Tuesday of the month. You are invited to schedule time to receive prayer on those days. The upcoming virtual prayer room dates are Tuesday December 6th (Schedule An Appointment) and Tuesday December 20th.
Speaking Truth in Love
Let this Christmas season be a year where we speak words of kindness and love every day. More than most years, different ways of thinking, political views and media slants can seem to divide and silence families and friends. The Bible says, “We will speak the truth in love…” (Ephesians 4:15, NLT). How do we do that? Here is some wisdom that communication experts recommend:
- Take an extra 10-15 seconds to listen in our minds to what we’re about to say (before we say it) and hear it through our listener’s ears. Then we can rephrase it as appropriate. “Let every man be slow to speak and swift to hear (James 1:19).
- Choose neutral words without pejorative adjectives that might offend those who hold different views. Offense is a poison the enemy to get Christians to drink whenever possible. “Smart people know how to hold their tongue; their grandeur is to forgive and forget” (Prov. 19;11 MSG).
- Mind the tone of whatever is being spoken. Tests show that people remember tone much more than they remember specific words after the conversation is over. (“I wish I could be with you now and be able to change my tone of voice.” (Gal 4:20,NET).
- Remember Jesus’ love for all people he spoke to, even if they couldn’t understand him, weren’t ready to acknowledge Him as God, or fell short of obeying his teachings. They made him sad, not angry. (Jesus may offer you a rare exemption if you are related to a Pharisee.) (See Luke 18:18-23).
- Do not tolerate mockery or accusations or contempt in any conversation and protect our ear gates from others who speak these things. (See Proverbs 6;16).
- Be positive. Find a positive angle in all subjects and honor the spiritual gift of goodness. (See Phil 4:8).
- Ask for extra grace for challenging people. It helps temper our words if we try to see them from a God’s perspective. Try talking to the original person God created on the inside, past the gruff exterior some people put up. (See Eph 4:32).
- Ask for Holy Spirit in advance to give us His responses for when difficult questions arise. “The Holy Spirit will give you the right words when the time comes” (Luke 12:12 MSG).
Let the goal this holiday season be to speak truth kindly and honestly, with love to all people.
Hear my prayer, Lord, listen to my cry for help… (Psalm 39:12)
God Answers Prayer
One woman’s pain went from an 8 to a 4. She said it was very helpful to have the words the team received ahead of time and to receive healing prayer.
One lady felt the scriptures she received fit her situation perfectly. She felt God was supportive of her in the middle of making a decision.
One lady’s stress went from a 5 to a 2. She felt encouraged and poured into. She felt blessed and affirmed, hearing from God through the team members. There was clarity for her around questions she’s been processing with God.
The prayers requests were for God to act on many issues including breathing issues, heart conditions, stress, joint pain, caregiving challenges, bipolar symptoms, post Covid brain fog, skin irritations, tooth pain, digestive issues, financial breakthrough, grief, wisdom in decisions, wanting to use God’s gifts more, marriages, and relationships with grown children and/or siblings, upcoming family moments at Thanksgiving.
Let us join you in prayer …
We are taking prayer appointment signups for Tuesday December 6, 2022.
Scheduling An Appointment
Together, Silicon Valley Healing Rooms Prayer Ministers are ready to take your prayer requests to God in prayer. They also seek God’s word for you in advance of the appointment.
Online sessions continue to occur the first and third Tuesday of every month. You are invited to schedule time to receive prayer on those days.
To sign up for an appointment, there are TWO STEPS:
1. Let us know your TOP THREE APPOINTMENT TIME PREFERENCES, in order of priority.
We will set up the teams and send the zoom information on Monday prior to the Tuesday appointment.
2. Share a phone number so we can TEXT you with scheduling changes.
In the event that we are not able to offer you the time frames you desire, you may share a phone number with us to text you if an opening should arise when someone needs to cancel an appointment. This happens from time to time, and we are able to text you to see if you are available to join an available prayer team. All information is confidential to the ministry and is not used for solicitation. This step is optional.
You are welcome to sign up for prayer appointments at the following times listed below:
|Morning Times:||11:10 to 11:40 am|
|11:55 to 12:25 pm|
|12:40 to 1:10 pm|
|Evening Times:||7:10 to 7:40 pm|
|7:55 to 8:25 pm|
|8:40 to 9:10 pm|
It is our greatest joy to join you in prayer and pray for whatever you want to bring before God.
We pray, believing, knowing, and confident that God answers prayer.
If you don’t need prayer right now, you are welcome to forward this to others you know that might want people to pray with them.
***We love to hear how God has answered prayer. Please share what God has done in your life as a result of prayer. You can reply to this email, or share it in your appointment, or write a comment on our web site.
The spiritual winds are blowing strength, life, and peace into us,
Stephanie Shoquist, Donna Maranon, Jim Clow
Directors, Silicon Valley Healing Rooms Team
Future Open Hours Online. For 2022: December 6 & 20
For more information about Silicon Valley Healing Rooms, visit www.SiliconValleyHealingRooms.com