“How do I know if I’m on track with God?” “How do I know if I’m hearing from God, or listening to my own imagination?” These questions come up in Healing Room appointments. Sometimes people know they’re on track in one area of their lives, but not sure about another. It could be when a decision needs to be made, or a life change, or a new door of opportunity.
Let’s look at a few ways we can know that we’re on track with God:
1. Answered Prayers. Seeing prayers get answered is one way to know we’re on track and in the center of God’s plan. Keeping a journal of our prayer requests and answers we get to prayer provides a basis for recognizing when we’re walking the path God wants us to be on.
Other times we can be on the right path and still run into obstacles. This may feel confusing, yet detours and interruptions are a part of every path. When challenges come, we can question if they’re from the Lord or from the enemy’s camp. God’s obstacles reset our course and redirect our steps. The enemy’s obstacles are allowed so we can learn our spiritual lessons of discernment, warfare and conquering.
2. Prophetic Words. During times of transition, it helps to review the prophetic words we have received over several years. Soul searching times force us to our knees in prayer to process with God our questions, concerns, and direction. Many times, He tells us in advance clues we need currently in prophecies from the past. Every time a visitors attends the Silicon Valley Healing Rooms, the team members seek God in advance for scriptures or picture images or a phrase for that appointment. The visitor receives a minimum of two different words. Writing these words down and reviewing them during tough times can confirm a course correction or a new direction. Most people hear the words and apply them to their immediate situation. But God gives us words long beforehand as well as in the “now” moments. Much like scripture, God knows how to use a passage written thousands of years ago to bless us today. “All the Holy Writings are God-given and are made alive by Him..” (2 Timothy 3:16).
3. Wise Counsel. Proverbs 12 tells us, “The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but he who heeds counsel is wise” (v. 15). This advice is especially true when making BIG changes. This isn’t always about running to Mom or Dad. It’s seeking someone in the business field before making a career decision. Or asking an elder in the church. Outside perspectives usually give us questions to consider as we approach an opportunity. We may only be able to see all the positives. But wise counsel friends will point out the risks and help weigh all the considerations that factor into a decision. Rarely is a job change solely about the money, for example. A move to another state impacts all the members of a family and extended family.
4. Fasting. One might also consider fasting to make a decision more clearly. This way to hear from God isn’t quite as popular as others. Fasting can include many variations in type and length. God will work with schedules and diets and medical concerns. However, the principle of giving up an earthly pleasure by choice does clear the mind to hear very specifically from God.
5. Praying with another person you trust. Sometimes it is preferable to pray with people who don’t know you and hear directly from God for you. Whatever is prayed needs to be verified, tested, and confirmed by God. Silicon Valley healing Rooms invites you to come and pray in confidential appointments for anything you want to submit to God’s undivided attention.
God Answers Prayer
Since our last Healing Rooms Open Hours:
One person’s stress level went from a 10 to a 5. She said the appointment was timely for a decision she was making. She is waiting to see what will happen with prayer.
One lady came in with a testimony about God bringing business to her company. She had made a conscious decision to tithe on the gross and not the net this year. It had made a tight year financially even tighter. However, a call from a small client in the past came in this summer and placed a larger order. It felt like God was noticing and working with her needs.
A lady came in with some requests about a job situation. The team faithfully prayed for what the woman asked for. It was noted that a year or so ago, the prayer request had been then to pray that there would be a job. It was a joy to start the prayer time with thanksgiving for one (big) prayer request answered, even as the challenges of the job were brought before the Lord. The underlying confidence that God cares about the details and the timing of the answers added to the expectant attitude that God would answer the prayers.
The teams prayed for job interviews, finding housing, court cases, finding destiny, insomnia, depression, back pain, tennis elbow, knee pain, decisions about work, healthy pregnancy, throat issues, parent-children relationships, high school students applying to college, trauma relief from recent and long ago times, cancer cells to go, chemotherapy side effects, breaking curses, marriage and divorce challenges, mental stability and well-being, caring for elderly parents, financial miracles, physical hearing, abdominal pain, and for unresolved pain and sorrow for students returning to middle school and high school.
Scheduling An Appointment
Together, Silicon Valley Healing Rooms Prayer Ministers are ready to take your prayer requests to God in prayer. They also seek God’s word for you in advance of the appointment.
We are now taking signups for prayer appointments for Tuesday August 15, 2023.
To sign up for an appointment, there are TWO STEPS:
1. Let us know your TOP THREE APPOINTMENT TIME PREFERENCES, in order of priority.
We will coordinate the teams, and send the zoom information on Monday for the appointment on Tuesday.
2. Share a phone number so we can TEXT you with scheduling changes.
In the event that we are not able to offer you the time frames you desire, you may share a phone number with us to text you if an opening should arise when someone needs to cancel an appointment. This happens from time to time, and we are able to text you to see if you are available to join an available prayer team. All information is confidential to the ministry and is not used for solicitation. This step is optional.
You are welcome to sign up for prayer appointments at the following times listed below:
|Morning Times:||11:10 to 11:40 am|
|11:55 to 12:25 pm|
|12:40 to 1:10 pm|
|Evening Times:||7:10 to 7:40 pm|
|7:55 to 8:25 pm|
|8:40 to 9:10 pm|
It is our greatest joy to join you in prayer and pray for whatever you want to bring before God.
We pray, believing, knowing, and confident that God answers prayer.
If you don’t need prayer right now, you are welcome to forward this to others you know that might want people to pray with them.
***We love to hear how God has answered prayer. Please share what God has done in your life as a result of prayer. You can reply to this email, or share it in your appointment, or write a comment on our web site.
The spiritual winds are blowing strength, life, and peace into us,
Stephanie Shoquist, Donna Maranon, Jim Clow
Directors, Silicon Valley Healing Rooms Team
Future Open Hours Online. For 2023: August 15, September 5, September 19
For more information about Silicon Valley Healing Rooms, or to contribute to this ministry, visit www.SiliconValleyHealingRooms.com